Monday, February 19, 2018

Dead Oak Delimma


We have a dead oak tree on the property line between us and the Graffs.  It is clearly on our property and therefore my responsibility.
Almost all of the large variety of oak trees at the Boggy Thicket go dormant during the winter, so I didn't notice this tree until a few weeks ago. 
Since then, I have come up with a pretty impressive list of reasons (excuses) not to cut it down.
  • When I first noticed it, temperatures were below freezing. Obviously, it was too cold.
  • I was getting over a cold, and just didn't feel up to it.
  • I need to go grocery shopping.
  • It's been raining for days so it's too wet.
  • I'm afraid that it's too windy.
  • I really need to do laundry.
  • It's time to go to the grocery store again.
I really need to break out my chainsaw and get to work, but at the rate I'm going, that tree may have to fall on its own.


No comments:

Post a Comment