Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Cinderella and the Pea

Yeah, I know I'm mixing fairy tales, but stay with me and it might begin to make sense.
My spouse, who walks five miles a day five days a week has very sensitive feet.  So much so that it is a major project to find socks she can/will wear.  You'd think that all that walking would have toughened her feet to the point that she could wear anything or nothing at all, but it just hasn't worked that way.
No only is how they feel on her feet critical, she has very strong opinions on how high they go up her leg.  She doesn't like Bobby socks, or crew socks or the ones that hide just at the top of her shoes, they have to be anklets.
And, like Henry Ford said about the Model T, they can be any color you want - as long as it's Black.
At least some of this is my fault. A few years ago, I bought her the perfect package of socks at WalMart.  They were No Nonsense brand and they fit all the criteria described above.  They lasted  for quite some time, but eventually wore out. It almost goes without saying that I have been unable to find the same ones ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment