Friday, November 20, 2020

How Did He Die Again?

It is truly one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe, but - if your warm-ups/sweat pants have pockets - whenever you wash them they will come out of the drier with the pockets wrong-side-out.

Always.

It never fails.

Usually, I put them back where they belong before folding the pants and putting them in my dresser drawer. The operative word here is usually.

This morning, I got out of bed and while still half asleep, I grabbed a pair of sweat pants out of the drawer.  I put my left leg in and had started shoving my right leg in when my foot went into the hole left by the inverted pocket, and I dropped like a rock.

There's not much space between the bed and the dresser so I didn't fall far.  I bounced off the dresser and landed flat on my back on the bed.  I really wasn't any worse for wear, but I definitely wasn't half asleep anymore.

I was telling Honey about it later, and we were laughing about it when she said -

"How did your husband die?"

"Put his foot in his pocket."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment