Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Unfriend

I decided to "unfriend" someone on Facebook today.  
Not because of political rants, but because he had become obsessive about posting all the details of every segment of his life - too much information posted much too often.  It had become impossible to open Facebook without seeing two or three posts from this person on every page.
I had never actually met this individual, but I had followed him through failing health, an almost fatal heart attack and a divorce - I actually worried about him, and wished him well.  I was pleased when he seemed to have recovered and appeared to be getting his life back on track, but somewhere along the way he seems to have lost his mind - or at least his appreciation for what might be appropriate to share with the rest of mankind on an hourly basis.
I still wish him well, but he is going to have to live his life without me in the grandstands.

No comments:

Post a Comment