Friday, December 7, 2018

G H W Bush Funeral

This picture is just about the only view of the George H W Bush funeral that was not shown on TV.  It's a shot from inside the train car that carried his casket to Aggieland yesterday, and it shows a few of the thousands who lined the train tracks to pay their respects.
After days of around-the-clock coverage, I came away with two opposing feelings - I was impressed by the pomp, the precision of the military and the eloquence of those who eulogized the late president, and I am more convinced than ever that I do not want a funeral of any sort.
Honey and I agreed years ago that we did not want funeral services.  I had felt that way for quite a while, but I think she actually said it first. If we didn't include this in our wills, we should have - please consider this formal notice.
I realize that funerals are not actually for the dead, but for those left behind, and that's OK.  But - if you have something to say to or about me, I'd rather you say it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment