Sunday, December 23, 2018

Tired

No post since Friday, but things have been happening.
Image result for michelin tires
The right front tire on our truck has had a very slow leak for the past month.  I'd inflate it to 45 lbs., and a week or ten days later, it would be at 28.  I pulled it off Thursday and inspected it for nails, etc. but found no punctures,  so I took it to NTB on Friday, and asked them to rotate the tires and check that one (suspected the valve).  They actually gave me a no-charge receipt, and said when they brought it back out I could just get in and go.
Then they called me back in to look at the tire.  
Soapy water revealed three tiny leaks - all in a row along the center line of the tire.  They said they could try to patch them, but the pattern indicated an internal failure that could prove catastrophic.
$250 later, with a new tire and a new receipt, I headed for the barber shop. At least my haircut didn't involve any unexpected expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment