Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Prepone

A Facebook friend who recently returned from a vacation in India posted a link to English words that are only heard in India.  One of the words listed was prepone.

We are all familiar with postpone, but what if, instead of moving something to a later date, you want to reschedule something sooner?

I got busy and never posted anything yesterday.  You would think that after (almost) five years of (almost) daily posts, there would be no way I could forget.  You would (almost) be right.

I would prepone this post if I could.  In fact, there is a button on Windows Live Writer that is supposed to allow you to set the publish date of a post.  I know that it doesn’t seem to work for posting to a later date, but I haven’t tried it for posting earlier. 

I’m going to try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment