Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Silver Bells, Silver Bells….

bell ringer

I’m a big fan of the Salvation Army – have been since they were giving away hot meals after Hurricane Celia while the Red Cross was selling coffee and doughnuts a block away.  That being said, I confess that I tend to ignore the bell-ringers that show up in front of stores this time of year.

The woman (yes – that is a woman) in the mug shot above was a volunteer bell-ringer at the Wal-Mart in Porter, TX, so there is a very good chance that I walked right by her in the past couple of weeks.  She made the news on Monday when she was arrested for shoplifting and charged with felony theft.  Employees said she stuffed over $70 worth of perfume and cologne into her Salvation Army apron and walked out of the store.

There is an old line in advertising that says “No publicity is bad publicity,”  but I don’t believe it.  Still, I guess it could have been worse.  She might have been caught with her hand in the donation bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment