Saturday, December 28, 2013

Forty-Nine

49th

Once you’ve been around for a year or more, every new day is the anniversary of something -  but, some anniversaries are more important than others.  Today marks the most significant anniversary of my life.

49 years ago this evening, in a small Methodist church in the Songwood subdivision on the east side of Houston, Honey Cheryl Kimmons became Mrs. Robert Couch.

The ceremony was conducted by a Scottish Presbyterian minister who blessed our union in the name of the “Faaaather, and the Son, and the Holy Sperrrrrut.”  And his blessing took – my life has been truly blessed since that evening. 

Honey has been my foundation.  She has given me the strength to endure the bad times and her presence by my side made the good times immeasurably better.

Happy anniversary, Darling.  Please know that I love you more than words can ever express.

No comments:

Post a Comment