Saturday, November 19, 2011

Too Old for Xmas

Started putting up Christmas lights yesterday.

Began by going up and blowing all the leaves and limbs off the roof, then started stapling icicle lights along the edges. 

We had decided that it would save a lot of time and frustration to just buy several boxes of new lights instead of trying to trouble-shoot old sets that were partially out. The new lights we bought were so tightly tangled that it was impossible to straighten them as I installed them, so I hauled them back down to straighten out on the ground.  Even then, they want to curl right back up – like trying to straighten a Slinky.

By supper time, the job was only about half through – the hardest half, I hope – and I had been up and down that ladder about 50 times.  I hit the Ibuprofen as soon as I came inside, and wondered again if I’m not getting too darn old for this stuff.

After a good meal and a little TV, I was feeling pretty good about finishing today.  Then as we were finishing the supper dishes – yes, we wash everything before it goes in the dishwasher – the sink backed up.

Drain 

This means I’m probably going to have to dig up and clean out the grease trap today in addition to finishing up the lights.

Today is gonna suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment