Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tips for Posting Comments

I welcome comments on my blog.  In fact, I wish I got more feed-back than I do.

Most of the comments I get at Boggy Thicket are posted as being sent by Anonymous, and I suspect that this is not what you wanted to do, since you often include your name in the comment.

When posting a comment, there are lots of ways to identify yourself:

comment5

The simplest way is to select Name/URL

comment1

And fill in  just your name.  Then, when you post your comment, it will appear like the preview below:

comment2

I have no control over how Google and blogspot  administer their site, but the Name/URL option really should be broken into two options, or should specify that you should only choose one or the other.

comment6

Noel’s comment was posted using the URL to his blog, and Bob L posted using just just his name.  If you try to fill in both boxes it doesn’t work.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks - that should help (if this works, and I can read and follow directions, and . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to know. i'm trying it now. i have tried several times to post w/my google account and it won't ever post. here's hoping this works :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well what do ya know . . . it worked!

    ReplyDelete