Saturday, September 3, 2011

An Attack of Limerickitis

Woke up with limericks on my mind this morning.  Specifically, one I learned as a child:

There once was a girl who begat

Three brats she named Nat, Pat and Tat.

The breeding was swell,

but feeding was Hell

When she found she had no tit for Tat!

For some reason, I thought I remembered that this was penned by someone famous – Ogden Nash comes to mind – but I can’t find an attribution anywhere.  A Google search came up with lots of variations of the rhyme, but no source that says who might have written it.  If you know the author, drop me a line or just post in comments.

While I was searching, I did come across another Limerick that gave me a chuckle – one that I don’t think I had ever seen before:

There was a young lady named Rose

Who had a large wart on her nose.

When she had it removed

Her appearance improved,

But her bifocals fell to her toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment