Thursday, December 30, 2010

Peacock

peacock

Our neighbor across the road used to have peacocks.  They are all gone now, and I’ll admit that I do not miss them at all.

Peacocks are pretty enough, but they are not particularly friendly and they make a noise that sounds for all the world like a child yelling for help.  Concurrent to the peacocks, everybody in the immediate neighborhood had kids at home, so that loud HELP often had us running to see which child was in what kind of danger. 

Like a beautiful girl with an annoying laugh, their sound quickly overrode their physical attractiveness.

I came across another Blogspot blogger who owns peacocks  and whose family had peacocks when he was  a child in West Texas.  His childhood memories about their neighbor’s dealing with their peacocks gave me a laugh.

Just click My Friend Goya – I think you’ll enjoy it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment