Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cartoon

There was a trend on Facebook earlier this month to change everyone’s profile picture to a cartoon – supposedly to bring awareness to the problem of child abuse.  No one seems to know how it got started, although numerous newspapers and TV stations did stories on the phenomenon.  The bottom line is that thousands of Facebook users complied, changing their pictures overnight!

There were even (apparently unfounded) rumors that the whole thing was started by a pedophile group.

A check of Snopes.com brings up a fairly lengthy explanation HERE .

Like all the other compliant sheep, I changed my picture to a cartoon.  I chose a Cat in a Hat – not the famous character from Dr. Seuss, but a Gato con Sombrero I found on-line.

cartoon-cat-sombrero-character-design-01I  have no idea what his name is or where he came from, just liked the idea that he had a lap-top.

Anyway, I left him up for a few days, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt like the guy below,

cartoon_character3

so I changed my picture to

Bob C 2

No comments:

Post a Comment