Monday, October 11, 2010

PINKWASHING

That’s the term coined by those who, like me, are offended by the huge number of products that jump on the Breast Cancer Bandwagon every October.

pinkcrap

After my post last Monday, I have learned that I am not alone in my opinion about such marketing, and the backlash seems to be building.  There are even websites such as Think Before You Pink that are actively opposed to manufacturers such as Smith and Wesson who capitalized on the Awareness Campaign last year by offering a pistol with pink handgrips, and the producers of wine and vodka – as much as 9% of breast cancer in the US may be alcohol related – who come out with pink booze this month.

Whether you are offended by these ad campaigns or not, there are much more effective – more direct – ways to support the cause if you are so inclined. This card lists questions you should be asking about promotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment