Friday, October 29, 2010

Chaplin’s Spooky Time Traveler

A fellow from Dublin has spotted what he says is a Time Traveler in film from the 1928 Hollywood premiere of Charlie Chaplin’s Circus.    George Clarke is convinced that he sees a woman (or a man in drag)  walk across the set talking on a cell phone!

1028-time-traveler-caught-on-film_full_380

Since that is impossible – cell phones weren’t around in the 20’s, not even for H. G. Wells – naysayers have been quick to say the old gal is just using a hearing aid like the ear trumpet below. 

ear-trumpet-1-101028-02

I own hearing aids – it is a bone of contention at our house that I spent several thousand dollars on them and never wear them – and while that does not make me an expert, I have watched the movie several times and the ear trumpet theory seems no more likely than time travel to me.  It really appears to me that she/he is talking on a phone. 

Watch and decide for yourself :

No comments:

Post a Comment