Saturday, May 22, 2010

FORTY-ONE POUNDS

AAAAAinWpLYAAAAAAFlUXw

Would you like to lose 41 pounds?  I know I would.

According to this organization - 41 lbs -  each American adult receives an average of forty-one pounds of junk mail a year!

For a fee, they offer to contact all of the major direct-mail companies and have you removed from their mailing lists – sort of like the don’t call thing you can do with your phone. 

The phone thing works, by the way, although we still get a Huge number of calls soliciting charitable donations – wish they could be blocked, too.

Back to today’s  subject, 41 pounds charges 41 dollars for their service (good for five years) and donates $15.00 of the fee to the environmental organization of your choice.

I was first attracted by the convenience – I’m sure we get at least that much unsolicited crap in our mailbox – but their emphasis is saving trees. 

I like trees as much as the next guy, maybe more.  Four of our six acres here at the Boggy Thicket  are untouched forest; have been for over 30 years and will be as long as I have a say. 

BUT, I am not a wild-eyed tree-hugging Global Warming fanatic, and refuse to support or endorse their efforts.

Still, I would be tempted, just might subscribe to their service if I could specify a conservation organization like Ducks Unlimited, or maybe specify the N R A .

No comments:

Post a Comment