Monday, August 10, 2020

Cassidy

 I eased into year 78 yesterday and my birthday was great.  

I got dozens of birthday greetings on Facebook - thank you all - and Honey made me a delicious birthday cake.  I didn't do anything special for the day, but that's just the way I wanted to spend the occasion.

If there was one cloud in the firmament, it was that I spent several hours on line or on the phone unsuccessfully trying to find somebody who would come pick up an injured hawk.  Lots of numbers listed on line were no longer in service, and the rehab organizations I was able to reach all wanted me to catch the bird, put it in a box and deliver it to them.

Honey first noticed the hawk on her morning walk a few days ago, and we have seen him in our yard or the neighbor's every day since.  He has a bad wing - probably broken - and is unable to fly.

I nicknamed him Cassidy, since all he can do is hop along.  I know it's a bad pun and in terrible taste.  It's just my way of making the best of an unfortunate situation,

No comments:

Post a Comment