Sunday, May 5, 2019

Washing Dishes - Part 4 - Damn, I'm Good!

I mentioned yesterday that, based on the repairman's report, Lowes decided to refund the full price (plus tax) of our dishwasher. I also mentioned that I might take a look at it myself before buying another one.
Well, the dishwasher is running as I write this.
I noticed a slight discoloration of the plug on one side of the door switch.  
In fairness to the technician they sent out, it was mostly hidden until I disconnected it.  Once I did, it was obvious that it was the source of the failure.  It had been arcing and was burned to a crisp!

The door plug has two sets of contacts - Black (hot) 120 VAC leads and White (return) leads.  The problem was on the return side, so I just cut the white wires and spliced them together. 
The door switch works fine with just the black wires, and ... 
We now own a functioning dishwasher that was absolutely free!

No comments:

Post a Comment