Thursday, May 23, 2019

Seven-Ten Cap

There's an old joke about a young (blonde) lady who comes into an auto parts store asking for a seven-ten cap.  Nobody has any idea what she wants until she draws a picture of it - then the guy across the counter knows immediately....
Well, I had to buy one this week.  Actually, mine looks more like this...
I didn't exactly lose mine - I know exactly where it is - I just can't reach it.  While I was changing oil on the truck, it fell down between the radiator and the transmission cooler.  I can see it, even move it around, I just can't get a hold on it to pull it out. My magnetic fishing tool is useless because the darn thing is plastic.
The guy at the auto parts store had a grabbing tool like this...
He tried for several minutes to snag the old filler cap, then finally said "You know, it ain't hurting anything down there."
At that point, I bought a new cap and headed home.
So, if you need a seven-ten cap, I have one you can have for free.  You just have to get it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment