Thursday, October 25, 2018

Doggy Dope

Tinker has thrown her back out again. 
On Monday, she was running around like a puppy, but by Tuesday afternoon,  she was hardly moving and obviously in pain.  We started her on pain pills and muscle relaxers from a previous episode, but by last night we could see no improvement. 
I mentioned to Honey that I had just received an email extolling the value of CBD oil for pain management in dogs, and we decided to check it out.  It led to a link where I ordered what I thought was an introductory order of the stuff for $32.50.

When I put in my card number and clicked Enter, I immediately got a confirmation for a purchase of $190!
Most websites that give you a page to review and confirm your order before you buy - this one did not. There was no way to cancel and no contact number anywhere on the website, so I called the bank and they put a hold on the transaction.
This morning, I got a confirming email from the vendor that did have a customer service number.  I called and left a message asking them to cancel the order.
If that works, no real harm done.  If it doesn't, I guess I've learned an expensive lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment