Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Tinker's Bonnet

First of all, that isn't Tinker, and the spider in the picture is fake.  But - it looks a lot like our intrepid hunter when she came in the house last night!
I told you a week ago about her stealing spiders from wasps.  Well, she also  hunts them herself, and yesterday evening she caught one - sorta - dug it out from the crease between two slabs of our new grass.
I thought she had eaten it already, but she did not want to come in the house when I called her, and she kept searching the spot where she had caught it.  You could tell that she didn't want to, but she finally came in after I called her about a dozen times.
When she came in the door, I looked down to see the elusive spider perched on the top of her head like a kind of arachnid beret!  
The legs stretched from ear to ear, and it wasn't going anywhere.
I reached down and brushed it off, and the race was on.  Tinker chased it all around the utility room, but she finally caught it again and this time she ate it before it could get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment