Saturday, August 4, 2018

The Great Sprinkler Shortage

We have a couple of lawn sprinklers like this one - 
For my money, they do a perfectly adequate job, but Honey prefers the oscillating type like - 
She says they provide more even distribution of water over the coverage area, and she might be right.  We've had several in the past, and they do a fine job while they work.  They just don't seem to last much more than one year.
Since we just got some new sod, and keeping it moist is mandatory, I decided to pick up an oscillating sprinkler at my next trip to Wal-Mart.  
I was amazed to learn that the new Super Wal-Mart in New Caney was out - I mean totally out - of lawn sprinklers of any type or description.  They had a whole aisle of water hoses and hand-held nozzles, but no sprinklers at all.  The department manager said he had more on order, but didn't know when they would come in.
Well, that was confusing, but they ain't the only store in town.  They might as well have been, though.  I soon learned that the Wal-Mart in Porter, the Home Depot and Tractor Supply were all sold out too.
I'm beginning to suspect some sort of evil water sprinkler conspiracy.  Maybe the Chinese are withholding sprinklers as a trade war tactic.  



No comments:

Post a Comment