Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Folding the Box

Remember taking IQ tests with questions where you had a picture of an unfolded box and had to predict what it would look like when put together?
As brilliant as my darling wife is, she absolutely can not visualize what a two dimensional figure will look like in three dimensions.  Considering that, she is remarkably adept at jig-saw puzzles.  I mention that because without her help and guidance, I would never have been able to complete the walkway we put in last week.

The stones are designed to interlock, and it would seem to be pretty simple.  Trust me, it isn't.  The first couple are easy, but it gets more difficult as you go.  You would think that once you got a pattern established it would get easier, but for me, it did not.  Honey could see where to place the next stone, while I was forced to a trial and error approach.
(By the way, the correct answer on the puzzle is A.)


No comments:

Post a Comment