Sunday, May 27, 2018

The Dogs and Their Chair

Our dogs have their own chair, and they spend most of the day in it.
Recently, because of her vision loss, weight gain and just old age (They'll turn 14 this summer) Dusty can no longer jump into the chair like she used to.
I first tried putting a box on the floor to use as a step, but she wouldn't get on it.  Then I got the idea of wiring the footrest in a partially open position to act as a sort of a ramp. Now, if I sit in the chair and call her, she can and will run right up it into my lap.  
But - Will she use it to get into the chair on her own?  
Oh, Hell no! 
She sits on the floor and whines, barks or just stares at us until one of us picks her up and puts her in the chair.
I'd guess you'd say she has us trained.

No comments:

Post a Comment