Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day Memory

My mother was petite and attractive - several of my classmates from elementary through high school described her as hot, which was something I thought was neat but a little creepy. 
She claimed to be five feet and 3/4 of an inch tall, but I'm pretty sure at least 1/2 inch of that was wishful thinking.
When I was in eighth grade at Hamilton Jr. High, she would drop me off at school on the way to work, and I would ride the bus home.  One day, when she arrived at work she saw that I had left my lunch in the car, so she went back to the school, found a place to park, and brought my lunch in.  This was about fifty years before schools had metal detectors and all visitors were required to report to the principal's office before proceeding.
She was stopped in the hall by a male science teacher who demanded to see her hall pass.  She explained that she was not a student, but he wasn't buying it.  He said she might be too old to be a student, but there was no way she could have a son in Jr. High.
He took her to the principal's office, where the assistant principal broke into laughter.
He told the teacher that if he had ever attended a meeting, he would know that he had just busted the president of the Hamilton P.T.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment