Friday, May 18, 2018

Doing It All Wrong

As I've mentioned before, Honey walks about five mornings a week, while I walk less often and fewer miles.  She does about five miles a day - I usually walk about a half mile.
Yesterday, she told me that I shouldn't be concentrating on distance, but on the amount of time I walk.  She said that when I do walk, I walk too fast - I do that half mile in about eight or nine minutes.  She told me to ignore the miles and concentrate walking for a longer period of time, building the time up a minute or so at a time.
I tried it this morning.  
I walked for fifteen minutes (Honey walks for about an hour and forty/forty five) straight.  I actually didn't get any farther, but I did feel more tired when I got home.  That seems counterintuitive, but I think it was mostly because I hadn't walked at all in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment