Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Well, That Sucks

Here at the Boggy Thicket, we have a septic system and a separate line, with a grease trap, that handles the output from the kitchen sink and dishwasher.  For those city folk unfamiliar with this kind of thing, that grease trap is sort of a mini-septic tank, complete with its own field lines.  
All septic systems will eventually need service, but we have been remarkably lucky.  Until yesterday, the only time we have had to have someone come out is when someone drove  over the septic tank and half the cover fell into the tank.  Over the years, I have serviced that grease trap myself every five years or so.
Yesterday morning, I called for help.  
The grease trap was stopped up and after thinking about it, I decided I am now officially too old to dig it up and empty it myself.  I called a local company,  Mr. Pumper, and they had someone out by one o'clock. 

The fellow who showed up was friendly as a puppy, and before he ever got started we learned that he had grown up in Pearland, was the owner's twin brother (younger by 20 minutes) and that their parents lived in Onalaska.  I was thanking my lucky stars that he wasn't charging by the hour.
Once he did get started, he was all business, and did an excellent job. The cost was surprisingly reasonable, and I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment