Monday, April 10, 2017

Possum Ivy

I finished the weed eating around the fence line yesterday.  It didn't take long, and I did not break a sweat, so I didn't shower as usual when I was done.  I just brushed off and came in the house.  
I did wash my hands and arms when I came in, but it may have been too little too late.
When I woke this morning I had two spots that are itching like crazy - one on my left forearm and one on the back of my right index finger.  I'm almost sure they are the result of poison ivy, so I'm going to start a two-pronged attack with Benadryl and Calamine Lotion.
Of course, it could have been worse.  Sixty years ago, as part of an Order of the Arrow initiation, a fellow boy scout spent the night sleeping in a patch of what he called "Possum Ivy" at Camp Strake and had to be hospitalized the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment