Monday, March 30, 2015

Attaboy, Canon

canon-rebel-xti

Back in January I reported on the problems I was having with my camera.  Once I got it back from the camera shop, my pictures looked better, but it had developed a weird symptom that I had never seen before.  Often, when I switched the camera to OFF, it would either stay on or turn itself back on when I set it down.  The battery, which used to last for months, was nearly dead every time I turned the camera on.

Pretty sure their technician had caused the problem, I called the camera shop.  They wanted another $28 just to look at the camera!

That was certainly not what I wanted to hear, but I had heard good things about Canon’s tech support, so I thought I would give them a try.

helpdeskI went to the Canon USA website, scrolled through about a half-dozen screens to locate my model, then emailed their help desk a description of my problem.  I got an immediate (automatic) response saying that they had received my email and would try to get back to me in 24 hours.  About six hours later, I got an email from from Rodney, one of their help desk technicians, with step-by-step instructions on how to solve the problem.

FAST, FREE, and IT FIXED THE PROBLEM! 

You couldn’t ask for better service than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment