Sunday, March 15, 2015

Rest In (Facebook) Peace

Unfriend

It’s been said that you can never have too many friends, but I just got rid of several. 

I just “Unfriended” five of my 250 or so friends on Facebook.  I don’t think they will mind – they have all been dead for quite some time, anywhere from a few months to about five years.

Unfriending them wasn’t easy.  There is a finality to it that almost makes it feel like you are the one who is ending their existence, but seeing posts on their timelines show up on your Facebook page can be painful – and sometimes downright creepy.

If you don’t want to subject folks to that after your passing, there is a box you can check under Security on your Facebook page that will delete your account

Legacy I don’t know how Facebook decides that you’re dead.  It doesn’t say.

No comments:

Post a Comment