Monday, December 20, 2021

Lingering

 



I know I've mentioned in the past that I consider Wright brand bacon to be the best there is.

Let me qualify that - Wright Hickory Smoked bacon is the best., and their Apple Wood bacon is OK.   

Back about the first of December, I accidentally picked up a package of Maple bacon that was mixed in with the Hickory.  I'll never do that again.  The bacon tasted OK - a little sweet, but not bad.  The problem was it stunk up the whole house - smelled like we had washed the walls with maple syrup!

In spite of temperatures in the 40s, we opened windows and placed a large fan blowing out the back door.  Several hours later, we boiled vinegar in the microwave and set several bowls of vinegar around the house overnight.  We burned scented candles in several rooms.  

We finally got the smell to a manageable level.  It may not be gone, but we don't notice it anymore.

Still, just this morning, I opened the microwave and got an unmistakable whiff of maple.

No comments:

Post a Comment