Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Appointments

 After trying everything we could think of for days, Honey and I actually got appointment confirmations yesterday to get the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine.  We had registered by phone with the Harris County Health Department, and on line on a State of Texas site.

I got an email yesterday morning from Memorial Hermann with a link to sign up, so I did.  A few minutes later, I got a second email, identical to the first, and tried to sign Honey up but it would not let me change the name.

At that point, Honey is getting aggravated.  She retired from Memorial Hermann, but can get no information from them on the phone, and she is convinced that since I used our generic, family email address for both of us instead of her personal email address that she will never be notified - and it is all my fault.

After learning that the shots were only being offered to recent patients, we finally realized that our recent colonoscopies were done at a Memorial Hermann facility, and my invitation had nothing to do with anything we had done via the county or state.

All of this had taken several hours and multiple phone calls.  Then I got another email invitation and it was addressed to Honey.

I had set my appointment for Friday at 10:00 a.m. Amazingly, although several hours had elapsed since I had registered, we were able to set Honey's appointment for 10:01.

No comments:

Post a Comment