Sunday, October 25, 2020

Turning Angel

 

I read a lot, and since the beginning of the pandemic, I have re-read a couple dozen books, but I never had an experience like what happened last week.

 If asked, I would have sworn on a stack of bibles that I had read everything Greg Iles ever wrote - or at least, everything he had ever published.  Then last week I rescued Turning Angel from the bottom a a ragged cardboard box in the garage.  The book had obviously been around for years - had seen better days - it looked like it had been  read a dozen times.

Most of the characters were familiar from other tales Iles wrote about Natchez, but I would swear that the story was absolutely new.  I don't know how, if I had owned it since 2005 (and read the books that came before and after) I could have missed it.

My memory probably isn't what it used to be, but I don't think it has deteriorated to the point I could re-read a book for the very first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment