Friday, February 7, 2020

Finally, A New Post

I haven't posted anything on my blog since January 25th.  
Honey finally asked me if I had finally gotten sick of posting daily, and I told her that wasn't the problem - it's just that there has been so much going on, things I feel strongly about, but I didn't want to add to the problem.
Here's what I mean ----
I was not a Donald Trump fan.  
I never read his books or watched his TV series. When he first announced for president, I laughed it off.  I considered him a modern reincarnation of P. T. Barnum, a self-promoting huckster with nothing to offer the country.  
When he won the nomination, I begrudgingly voted for him thinking he couldn't possibly be worse than Hillary Clinton.
My admiration for the man has grown over the past three years.  In spite of all that has been thrown at him he has managed to accomplish much of what he promised to do.  I still wouldn't call myself a Trump fan, but I think it's time to give credit where credit is due.
To my left-wing friends who still think of Trump as the Anti-Christ, I say it is past time for you to put your hatred aside and think about what is best for the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment