Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Lots of Updates

It's been a week since I posted anything.  Not because I had nothing to report, but because we have been so damn busy. 

My second cataract surgery - originally scheduled for the day we flooded - was finally done yesterday afternoon, and everything went well.
*
I have lost eight pounds hauling junk to the street over the past few days, but my hauling days are over. I have strict orders from the surgeon to not lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for the next few weeks.
*
The other day we were sitting in our Coleman camp chairs outside the camper taking a much deserved break.  Honey looked down and there, coiled up within two inches of her right foot, was a Copperhead!  It wasn't the biggest snake we've ever seen, about 10 or 11 inches long, but my darling wife considers all snakes poisonous and 10 feet long.  She managed to lift both feet up and hold them while I went a found a shovel, and only put them back down after I had dispatched the critter to viper Valhalla, collected the carcass and threw it into the woods. 
*
We got our first check from the flood insurance folks, and we did find a contractor  He began demolition on the house this morning.  They are taking out all the sheetrock to a level of four feet.  He explained that it would prove cheaper in the long run to do it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment