Monday, July 2, 2018

Murphy Day

I'm officially declaring today to be Murphy Day - as in Murphy's Law.  
Last night I had the day planned, but then...
Realized the generator didn't "exercise" yesterday.  Checked this morning, and, sure enough, the battery is toast.  It's been there since October of 2014. so I guess that's not too bad.  Will have to go get a replacement sometime today.
Having all sorts of problems hooking the auger up to the tractor.  Had it hanging in the barn for easy hookup, but that was with the old 8N tractor.  Couldn't get the one I have now to line up, so I ended up having to call a neighbor over to help.
It's on the tractor, but couldn't get the drive shaft connected to the PTO because it had rusted up.  I soaked it down with penetrating oil, and let it sit for now.
Meanwhile, I got too hot and almost made myself sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment