Monday, November 27, 2017

Stuck In Your Head

We were driving somewhere the other day, and I was playing a Mix CD that I recorded for one of our trips.  Don McLean came on singing American Pie, and Honey said, "I wish you hadn't played that.  I hate that song."
"I thought you liked it."
"I did.  I do.  It's just that now it will be stuck in my head, and I'll be humming it for days."
I have a pretty long list of songs that affect me like that, and they're all over the musical map.  I can't see any one thing they have in common other than that once I think of them they won't go away.
Here's a short list to show what I mean:
  • Don't worry. Be happy
  • Humoresque
  • All My Exes Live In Texas
  • 1812 Overture
  • Beer Barrel Polka 
  • Nature Boy
  • Turkey In The Straw
What song won't leave you alone?  
What gives it that kind of power over your mind?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment