Thursday, November 13, 2014

Out Of Service

No post yesterday because we lost phone and DSL service.  I didn’t have anything earth shaking to say, but not being able to say it is really annoying.

Speaking of annoying – when I called for service, the automated screening service’s first question was if I was calling about the number I called in on. 

What? 

If the number I called in on was working, why the Hell would I be calling for service?

After about five minutes of talking to a machine that didn’t understand what I was saying, and/or typing in responses on my cell phone keypad, I finally got transferred to an actual person.  It was at that point that I learned that my local phone company had outsourced customer service to someplace in Asia.  Communicating with the machine was a breeze compared to talking to the little guy who insisted on calling me Mr. Robert.

Calling their internet support line still gets you someone in the US.  It may not get things fixed any faster, but it is a much more pleasant experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment