Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What ALMOST Passes for News

kk ice

I was cruising the news on the internet and was stopped cold by a headline that read

Careful! Kim Kardashian Almost Slips On The Ice

Notice that it did not say she was injured in a fall, or even that she fell at all – it said she almost slipped.

The story, complete with pictures, said that the ice on the sidewalk in front of her New York City home was too much for her spike heels, and she had to enlist the help of her bodyguard to make it safely to her door.

Is there anybody anywhere (other than Ms. K herself, and possibly Kanye West) who could possibly give a rats ass?

I could say a lot about what kind of society allows someone to become a professional/artificial celebrity, but you probably already know my opinion.  I do think that even in the kind of times that encourage that sort of thing, this story was just too much.

When I read it, I almost threw up!

No comments:

Post a Comment