Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Comment on Comments

I have recently been getting dozens of comments every day on my blog. 

Unfortunately, most of them are spam – links to websites and/or services that I have no interest in promoting.  To counteract this problem, I had set my website defaults so that all comments had to be reviewed and approved before they would actually show up on the site.

That makes things easier for you, the reader, but the sheer volume of unwanted crap clogging my inbox is beginning to be a pain.

So…..

If you post a comment now, you will see one of these word-match boxes.

comment

If this actually works as well as advertised, I may be able to allow comments to go directly to the blog.  Meanwhile, I do value your opinions and solicit your comments – hopefully, this extra step won’t keep you from participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment