Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oreo

oreo

Oreo cookies turned 100 years old yesterday.

I looked at what I just wrote and my first thought was wow, that is one stale cookie.  Then I thought, if they had the same additives then as now, it would probably be just fine.

Nabisco staged several events around the country, including some really poorly staged flash mobs – one in a Pittsburg mall is on YouTube, but, trust me, it ain’t worth watching.  The Los Angeles event even had Lady Antebellum singing Happy Birthday to a guy in an Oreo costume.

oreo 2

I did not participate.  In fact, I have not tasted an Oreo in over five years. 

They are my all-time favorite cookie, but I am somewhat overweight, diabetic, and I used to eat anywhere from a half dozen to a full package of Oreos at a time.  It’s just easier to not have them around.

No comments:

Post a Comment