Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Guadalupe

On the banks of the Guadalupe River in Kerrville, Texas.

The river is beautiful – much better than last year when it was almost dry this time of year.

Had a real disappointment two days ago when we arrived at Balmorhea State Park.  I hadn’t been there since I was twelve years old, and I was really looking forward to taking a dip in the huge spring-fed pool.

Balmorhea State Park features drive-through campsites with lights, water and cable TV.  Unfortunately, when I pulled up enough to connect my power cable, I didn’t have enough room in front to disconnect the truck from the trailer. 

After several tries, we finally gave up and left.  Spent the night in a small but nice campground adjoining a truck stop, then came to Kerrville a day early.

Just as well, we love this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment