Monday, July 19, 2010

Grand Canyon – Meteor Crater

No entry yesterday after our visit to the North Rim of Grand Canyon because:

  1. Wi-Fi at the campground was terrible – Kept losing connection.
  2. I was tired – decided I could give myself the evening off.

View fom Bright Angel Point 2- Grand Canyon NP

Folks who had been to both kept telling us that if we had only been to the South Rim, we had to visit the North Rim.  Now that I have, I can tell you that they were right.

The drive down through Kaibab National Forest is pretty,

Meadow on Hwy 67 - Kaibab Natl Forest

but the Canyon itself is fantastic.

Angel's Window 3

Cliff Rose and Canyon - Grand Canyon NP

View from Cape Royal 2- Grand Canyon NP

 

Lots of visitors from all over, and a Lodge and Welcome Center larger than I had been led to expect.  Still, crowds and traffic were much better (lighter) than on the South Rim.

Drove today to Meteor Crater near Winslow, Arizona. 

The movie, the museum and the guide’s lecture were fascinating, but the crater was not that impressive after a day at Grand Canyon. 

Meteor

 

Tomorrow will see us in Silver City, New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment