Sunday, April 16, 2023

I guess I'm Getting Old

 


We are re-doing the flower beds along the front of our house, or at least we're having them done.  The bushes that were there for the last forty years were pulled our yesterday.  The next step is to till the soil and mix in some fresh nutrients.

Home Depot has a sale on the small (7.5 cu ft) bags of garden soil right now - less than half price - so I went to get a bunch today.

I had just started loading a cart when a large forty-ish fellow asked me how many I was buying.  I told him, and he said "Let me drop this one in my wife's cart and I'll load it for you." 

I was a little surprised - I wasn't even breathing hard - but I said OK, and that's what happened.

Once I got the cart out to the truck and had just started loading, I was stopped again by a slightly older man with his whole family.  He said "Let us load that for you." And he and his teen aged son put the rest of the load in the truck.

I think that either today I accidently became the subject of some local church's sermon, or I'm looking a lot older and weaker than I think I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment