Thursday, March 31, 2022

Two or Three

 Last year, and for several years prior to that, we were in Harris County Precinct 2 - about where the 02 appears on the map below.


We haven't moved an inch, but now find ourselves in Precinct Three.


It's all part of a move by politicians to assure their reelection and happens after every census.  I doubt if it will affect us at all.
Speaking of Precincts, several years ago, I got a speeding ticket on FM 2100 a couple of miles from my house.  The ticket was issued by a deputy constable from Precinct Four.  I never understood why, but Precinct Two was farming out road patrol to Precinct Four.  That meant that I had to drive 40 miles to the west end of the county to appear in court  for a ticket that was issued within walking distance of my house.
It was a major inconvenience, but it worked out.  The deputy didn't show up and the ticket was dismissed.



No comments:

Post a Comment