Friday, June 4, 2021

Windows 10 Update

 

I haven't posted in several days.  Mostly because I didn't have anything to talk about except the rain - we have had rain - anywhere from a quarter of an inch to two inches of rain - every day for the past two weeks.  I didn't want to post about that, didn't even want to think about that, especially since there is no end in sight.

The only other thing worth mentioning was a Windows 10 update my computer is been telling me I needed to do for the past month.  Every time I tried, it would show loading until it got somewhere over 90%, then say unable to install.  I tried it a dozen times or so, and finally today contacted the Geek Squad.  I gave their agent remote control over my laptop and he worked on it for almost an hour.
Once he was through, he sent this note:
Today I performed a computer tune-up on your device. I first determined unnecessary software or programs and optimized the hard drive space. Manually removed temporary files to save up a lot of hard drive space, checked the login or startup items and enabled the firewall to keep your computer protected against malicious activity. I have also check your antivirus software and it is actively protecting the computer. I also installed the necessary OS X & software updates including Java and then rebooted your system. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to any of our Agents 24/7/365! Thank you for choosing Geek Squad Remote Support today. 
He was flashing through screens way too fast for me to follow, but whatever he did seems to have worked.  At least Windows isn't asking me to do an update it won't let me complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment