Friday, March 14, 2014

TGIF

roof

This has not been the greatest of weeks here at the Boggy Thicket

I mentioned on Tuesday that Honey got bit by a dog on Monday morning.  She is getting around much better, but there is still quite a bit of swelling and a lot of pain.  What I failed to mention was what I was doing when she called and said the doctor told her that she had to go to the emergency room.

When we first got home, we cleaned the wounds thoroughly with both antibacterial soap and hydrogen peroxide and coated them with Neosporin.  She was not in a lot of pain at that point, so I hooked up the 5th wheel and took it to the shop to see why we had wet spots on the carpet after the last thunderstorm.  I was just dropping it off when she called to say we had to go to the E-R.

While Honey was being treated, Terry at the RV repair place found scrape marks and several small holes like the one in the picture above in our trailer roof.  I don’t remember when or where it could have happened, but he says it is obvious that we drove under a low-hanging limb that did the damage.  We have filed an insurance claim, and it looks like the entire skin (EDP rubber) of the roof will have to be replaced – and it will have to be removed before we will know for sure whether there is any other damage.

Tuesday morning, I got up from the breakfast table and my lower back went out again – not as bad as last time, but bad enough.  Since I was in no shape to help Honey get around, I went out to the garage and dug out my old walking cane.  She actually threw it across the room once before she figured out how to use it, but pretty soon she was able to get around on her own.

Watching the two of us hobbling around for the last couple of days might not have been as good as a trip to the circus, but it would have been worth the price of admission.

This morning, Honey is able to walk around unaided, and my back is more-or-less back to normal.  I’m still moving gingerly - my back doesn’t hurt, but I keep expecting it to.

All things considered, we are both ready for this week to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment