Sunday, March 24, 2013

Comments

If you post a comment to my blog, it may or may not show up. 

It was originally set up so that signed comments appeared immediately but anonymous comments were stored for review.  I then had the option of publishing them or not.

Lately, even signed comments are going into storage instead of showing up on the blog.  I don’t know why it changed.  I didn’t change it, and I can’t find anywhere to change it back. scratchead

Most of the anonymous comments are crap.  They seldom make sense.  Their syntax is terrible, and I suspect that they are often words strung together by some computer program instead of an actual person. They are almost always spam – touting some website selling anything from home loans to penis extenders.

I do read them all, and have chosen to publish a couple of them when they appeared to be actual comments from actual readers - readers who, for one reason or another, failed to identify themselves.

Sometimes – not often, but occasionally – I get a kick out of the anonymous spam.  Here is one I got this week:

Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a twenty five foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views.


I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

Of course, I have no way of knowing whether this actually happened.  I do know it came with a link to one of those spammers whose comments I don’t allow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment