Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Perspective

Perspective

I’m sure that there is such a thing as objective fact, but I wonder if it has ever actually been perceived. 

Like the blind men with the elephant, we all observe the world/time/events/politics/religion/universe/etc.  from our own unique and personal point of view, one that has been colored by our perceptions and reactions to everything that we have experienced before. 

If my lower back had felt like this two weeks ago, I might have been complaining – Yeah, I’ll admit I’m a bit of a whiner – but it is so much better than last week that I’m very happy. 

It reminds me of the first time the Ringling Brothers - Barnum and Bailey Circus played the Astrodome.  We knew that the aerialists were 50-something feet above the arena floor, but they just weren’t exciting when looking Down on them from the cheap seats several stories above.

No comments:

Post a Comment